Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lesson Plans Lesson Plans!


The most important writing that a teacher will do for writing wise is lesson plans. Lesson plans are the map to the classroom. Different teachers will write different types and layouts of the lesson plans. Each lesson plan will have major points that will allow for the teacher to know what it is that they will need to accomplish in the classroom.
The main points that I will include in each lesson plan will be the title witch will have what subject I will be teaching, then the objective- this will mainly be what it says; what do I need the kids to be able to walk out the door and be able to understand. The next part of the lesson which will be the action plan- in this part I will include all the page numbers of the books that I am teaching out of, the notes that I need to keep for myself and the order in which I need to teach the information to the children. The last part of the lesson plan will be the part that will hold the activity and the homework for what needs to understand at home for reinforcement.
I will most likely have the format on a full page of paper and then pull it up each week and put it in my big binder of knowledge!!! This binder will have all my lesson plans from all the year and I will just be able to change things around if needed from year after next. I will also put copies of the main worksheets that I will still be able to make copies of the worksheet and different activities. This big binder will be my bible while in the classroom. The map that will be the need to keep me on track so that I make sure as a teacher that I am keeping my children on track to help them succeed.
There will be another factor to my lesson plans and that will be the special accommodations that I will need to understand to each child will need in order to succeed. I want all my children to make it on to first grade to understand what it is that they will need to focus the basis of their lessons on. While it is uncommon for some children to have IEP evaluations done, if that is the case I will need to have the accommodations put into place so that I ensure those students with different disabilities are able to learn the same way that the other students are. Other accommodations that I will need to write into my lesson plans are those about the need for the material longer. This will come into place when some of the children are not grasping the main concepts and I need to reinforce the material in the classroom. That’s when I will need to go back to the main binder and drawl up a new lesson plan and have the next lesson incorporate the old lesson before adding new material on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment